EPS1000 Polarization Scrambler
- Ultrafast endless optical polarization scrambling at up to 10000 krad/s (20000 krad/s with reduced accuracy; more upon request) based on electrooptic waveplates with adjustable rotation speeds
- 40 ns clock cycles (= updating intervals) assure continuous, quasi-steady polarization changes even at high scrambling speeds (e.g., in 0.02 rad steps at 500 krad/s).
- Synchronous mode (for recirculating loop experiments) and triggered mode (for PDL and Mueller/Jones matrix measurements) available, with 200 ns minimum dwell time
(40 ns granularity),corresponding to up to 5 M states / second.
- Low power consumption: ~10 W (+5 V from included power supply 100-240 V)
- Insertion loss: ~3 dB
- Differential group delay (DGD) sections consisting of polarization-maintaining fibers (PMF) can likewise be delivered for the setting up of PMD emulators. Here (Section II.A) is described why this is much more reasonable than the usage of variable DGD sections. By the usage of several EPS1000 and DGD sections PMD is emulated highly realistically.
- Available as a desktop unit in a case, as a module or plug-in board, or as an intellectual property core, like the polarization control systems
- Miniaturized size (board without protruding rubber boot: 150 mm x 78 mm x 15 mm)
- NEW: EPX1000 = cost-saving desktop unit with combined functionalities of EPS1000 and 40...100 krad/s polarization controller and demultiplexer EPC1000
- Operation of desktop unit via control buttons or USB (software is included). Several desktop units can be controlled simultaneously by the graphical user interface or by Matlab™. Speeds of rotating waveplates and positions of stopped waveplates can be set.
- Realtime operation through Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) or BNC connector
- We are eager to accommodate special requirements.